Tuesday, May 22, 2018

End of year Reflection

Reflection


    This year at of being in the E-communications program, my 3rd year in the program, have been one of the best because this year I have a lot more freedom because i have learned many things my first two years. I mainly just have to build a site and not have to go through a step by step process of how to do the site, because i already know how to build sites. I still am learning though, but it is more advanced things such as parallax sites.

Technology

    One main thing that I have learned dealing with technology was to have some bootstrap elements when making a website. Having some bootstrap elements such as having a navbar can be really helpful in making a company website. It is just really easy for a customer to use. It can be somewhat difficult to use bootstrap elements because there is a lot of things happening such as more css and more code but once understanding it, it isn't very hard.

Collaboration

    Using collaboration in E-comm is extremely necessary just because there are going to be times where you don't know how to get to the next step or you don't know how t do something in dreamweaver so talking with a group member or partner is really helpful. The one big challenge would be not having someone to help you, it would be very hard to do everything without someones help. Collaboration is the best way to make friends, people who can help you with assignments

Communication

    This is pretty similar to collaboration, both communication and collaboration are key things to succeed in an E-communicatons class. Communication is very important, if you don't have any communication in this class, then you will either get nowhere or you will have a hard time and will struggle a little bit. A challenge would be not having communication.

Project Management

    The last thing that someone would want to fall behind. We do project after project in this class, that is why it is important to keep on task and not fall behind, well at least not by a lot. If someone were t fall behind then they would have to catch up and work hard to try and get back to the place where everyone else is. I learned this by being behind myself and having to catch up, it is not fun. It is a challenge.

Leadership

   So far, I haven't have been a leader by I am hoping that next year I can help a little bit with the juniors that I will be working with. But i have experienced working with some leaders, and i hope that I have learned enough from them to do it myself next year. It is important to make sure that everyone is on task and not falling behind on anything. It will be a challenge to be a leader, maybe, but I will get through it.

Strengths/Weaknesses

    My biggest strength in this class is making sure that I have everything turned in and that i don not have anything missing and having a good grade .My biggest weakness would be staying focused and on task, because I often watch YouTube instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing. I need to fix that and the main way of doing that is do finish what I need to do and if I have time then do other things or I can make the project that I just finished, look better. I need to work hard on staying focused and making my sites look better, because they can be better.

What will I do with what I have learned?

    What I have learned this year i can take to next year when it really makes a difference such as my Senior projects. Because next year is the year where i take all that I have learned and make things that colleges will be looking at , and colleges are trying to find interesting sites and not things that are simple and easy. Next year may be the most difficult but it is also the most important.

Is there anything that I would change?

    I would change many things such as making my sites better and using my time more wisely with working on sites. All of the sites i have made could look a lot better but I did not use my time wisely which resulted in me trying t rush things to the last second and the site not looking as good as it could have.

Conclusion

    E-communication is not easy if you are making the best site that someone could possibly make and I will strive to do that next year, opposing to this year where I did not do my best. This year was fun but next year will be the best because of my hard work that I look forward to doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Hosting Options

InMotion 1&1 Bluehost